Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Don't Know. Go Ask Petraeus.

According to the Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Dana Priest, McCain does actually know the difference between Shiite and Sunni Muslims, he's just really freakin' old and sometimes he screws up. Well, there is at least one thing wrong with that statement, but fine, I'm glad he knows the difference.

But that gaffe (is anyone else tired of that word? political reporting sucks these days), seems like just one on a path of constant national security and foreign policy screw-ups. When asked whether or not he thinks troops should be diverted from Iraq to Afghanistan (oh right, we're fighting a war there too) he declined to answer, tried to pull a Houdini, and dumped it on Petraeus.

Isn't this supposed to be his forté, military strategy, national security, war hero...I mean why else is he the presumptive Republican nominee (I'll give you a hint: Mitt "I'm a creepy Mormon" Romney and Mike "on the last day he rested" Huckabee)


I'm going to go watch Network now.

No comments: